Dubai is one of the most opulent cities in the world, filled with luxurious resorts, hotels, and expensive world-class attractions. However, you can still have a fabulous time in Dubai without having to break the bank. Here’s how you can save money on luxurious entertainment, dining, and other incredible experiences. So pack your bags and head to Dubai – get ready to enjoy the city’s many luxuries on less.
Dubai’s Luxurious Shopping Malls
What could be more luxurious than a shopping experience at Dubai Mall in Dubai? Shopping for fine goods costs money though. Here’s a way to offset that expenditure – just link your Emirates account to the mall you’re shopping at and earn Skywards Miles on all your purchases. You can use the Miles for your future travels.
Explore the incredible Dubai Mall, whose lobby is an utter delight. It’s the place to see in Dubai if you’re looking for luxury experiences. Be sure to spend time exploring the beautiful Emirates Mall, the Ibn Battuta Mall, Marina Mall and the many souqs in Deira and Bur Dubai.
Dubai’s Fine Dining
Here’s the truth – Dubai has a huge number of fine dining restaurant, right from the 144 feet high At. Mosphere in the Burj Khalifa to Indego by Vineet. Fine dining is one of the most luxurious experiences you can enjoy in Dubai. So if you plan on enjoying your share of Dubai fine dining, just download Dubai’s 2-for-1 apps such as The Entertainer. This app offers discounted themed packages combining nightlife, food, spa, and other tours. Download the Zomato Gold app to enjoy several fine dining discounted offers with freebies and combos thrown in.
Dubai’s Luxurious Attractions for Less
- Dubai Pass Select Card: Dubai is home to many
fantastic theme parks such as Dubai Parks and Resorts, IMG Worlds of Adventure,
Aquaventure Waterpark, Wild Wadi Waterpark, the Burj Khalifa and many others.
To enjoy these luxuries for less, purchase a Dubai Pass Select discount card.
You can enjoy Burj Khalifa At The Top, Desert Safari, Creek Cruise and others
while saving up to 50% on regular ticket prices.
- Dubai Garden Glow:
One of the biggest Dubai tourist attractions that are open from October to June is the Dubai Garden Glow. Book online and in advance and you can get your ticket for AED 50 a per person. Dubai Garden Glow is a fabulous manmade extravaganza of animatronic dinosaurs and a glowing garden and luminescent art installations.
- Dubai Museum: Be sure to visit the Dubai Museum, paying no more than AED3 for grownups. Exploring this museum is one of the must-do things to do in Dubai. Here you can gain a clear understanding of Dubai’s metamorphosis from a primitive fishing and pearl-diving village into an international metropolis.
- Jumeirah Mosque: A tour of the lovely and luxurious Jumeirah Mosque is a definite eye opener, and is yours for AED25.
- Dubai Creek: One of the most important things to do in Dubai is to ride along the Dubai Creek, surrounded by some of Dubai’s most spectacular architectural landmarks, for a mere AED 1.
- Dubai Fountain: This is a magnificent, totally free attraction, with the majestic Burj Khalifa glinting in the background.
- Dubai Marina: Thisis the playground of the rich and famous. Its harbour is lined with superyachts belonging to the uber-rich of Dubai. Now you can take a trip on a sleek luxury yacht for as little as AED 96 with dinner and soft drinks thrown in.
- De La Mer Day Spa: This is a ladies-only spa for the best luxe spa treatments at budget prices. For AED 290, you can experience delicious spa treatments such as Voya facials, organic body wraps, and a Sugarlicious body scrub that comes with a 15-minute back massage.
- Saffron at Bur Dubai: One of the world’s most expensive products, a bespoke true luxury is fiery-hued saffron on, a product of the purple crocus flower. However, at the Spice Souq in Bur Dubai, you can haggle for this amazing luxury and walk away with premium Iranian saffron, paying no more than AED 10 a gram.
- Cheap Friday Brunch: One of Dubai’s luxurious traditions is the four hour, all-you-can-eat-and-drink Friday brunch. Usually, this brunch costs AED 500 per person in most hotels, but at the Q43 Brunch, you can enjoy it at AED 350 per person. What’s more, you can enjoy fabulous views of the Palm Jumeirah from the restaurant’s floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Budget Luxury Hair Makeover: At Be Bar on the Jumeirah Beach Road offers incredible hairstyles for women for as less as AED 150, for a full hair makeover. This women-only hair salon is run by LA-trained expats. If you have a glam occasion to ready for, this is a good place to do it and for less. What’s more, bring a friend on Tuesdays and you get a 2-for-1 deal.
- Cheap Top-tier Designer Goods: Designer ware too expensive for you? Then shop for pre-loved, gently-used designer goods at My Ex Wardrobe. This sale is head at restaurants and nightspots around the city every month. It’s a good way for the uber-rich to download their unwanted wardrobes for less. You can grab the latest creations of Christian Louboutin, Yves St. Laurent, Christian Dior, Jimmy Choo and others for cheap prices.
- Classy Art For Less: Explore the luxury of affordable art at Alserkal Avenue, located in the industrial zone of Al Quoz. Here you’ll find beautiful art pieces from the Middle East, Europe and the rest of the world. You can pick up paintings, sculptures and installations on the cheap here, from various global artists.
- High Tea At The Burj Al Arab: A night at the Burj Al Arab costs as much as USD 25,000 plus taxes. Also, unless you’re a guest, you aren’t allowed to even peep into the Burj Al Arab’s interiors. The best to check out the interiors of this magnificent 7-Star hotel is to make a reservation for High Tea at one of its cafes. At $108 per person, a high tea is the cheapest way to get inside the only 7-star hotel in the world!
- The Dubai World Cup: The Dubai World Cup is a horse-racing event held at the Meydan racecourse. It’s a luxury event, attended by the Who’s Who of Dubai in their superbikes and supercars. The racecourse has its very own marina as well. So if you manage to chart a yacht for cheap, you can watch the race from the yacht’s sundeck. There are even free-entry competitions where you can win prizes. The event offers a grand opportunity to people-watch, as the richest people of Dubai will be present. The entry ticket price is negligible.
you can see, Dubai offers many luxurious experiences that you can enjoy for
much less than you thought. It just about knows what’s available, what’s going
on and when and where to go. Keep focussed on exploring the glittering city of
gold to find out affordable luxuries and you’ll be surprised at just how many
attractions and activities can be enjoyed on budget.